Sporty Magazine official website | Members area : Register | Sign in

Emotional Henry pays tribute

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Share this history on :

Thierry Henry paid an emotional tribute to Arsenal and his former team-mates after seeing himself immortalised in a bronze statue outside Emirates Stadium on Friday afternoon.

Thierry Henry
GettyImagesThierry Henry and Arsene Wenger address the press at the unveiling of Henry's bronze statue

Arsenal legends to be honoured

Henry - who left for Barcelona in June 2007, where he would go on to lift the Champions League before moving to the Major Soccer League in the United States with New York Red Bulls - felt he had been left "speechless'' by the whole tribute.

"At the very beginning, when I heard about it, I honestly thought it was a joke, until I realised it wasn't,'' said Henry, who netted 226 goals as the Gunners won two Premier League titles and the FA Cup twice.

"I was fortunate to have won a lot of stuff in my career, but that tops it all.''

Henry, though, added: "Without your team you are nothing. It would not have been possible without them so I want to thank them too.''

The French World Cup winner has been training with Arsenal following the end of the MLS season, and admits watching games as a fan can be difficult.

"I am in pain when Arsenal lose, I can't take it well,'' said Henry. I didn't like it when I was a player and it's worse now - at least when you're a player you can do something about it.''

Henry added: "It was hard at the beginning of the season, but now I think they are on the right track and they have to keep on going.''

Thank you for visited me, Have a question ? Contact on : youremail@gmail.com.
Please leave your comment below. Thank you and hope you enjoyed...

0 komentar:

Post a Comment